Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Say Yes to the Dress? Pt 2

Memory need refreshing? Read the part 1 HERE!
The search continues for "THE" dress! Next stop, Uptown Bridal Boutique.



Pros:
  • Great location and curb appeal
  • Customer service
  • Complimentary water is always a plus
  • great price range
  • Ordering takes 4-5 months
  • Decor

Cons
  • small selection of dresses ( in comparison the the previous place)
  • Only takes 2 appointments at a time

I love this place! Only my best friend/bridesmaid Ris accompanied me to this time and we were both warmly greeted. I didn't have an appointment but the owner, Dianne, managed to squeeze me in. I must admit, I was disappointed when I saw the small selection but after browsing we found 4 that I liked. Dianne, who also happened to be my consultant pulled a few dresses too. While the dresses were beautiful I wasn't really in love with them. That it until she pulled THE dress.

Now let me apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures below. I forgot my camera so the following pictures are of  Blackberry quality. P.s. there aren't as many either.

I loved the top of the dress but hated the bottom. My rating? 6.5/10


This one was alright. It didn't "wow" me though. 8/10


This dress had no lace...and a little embellishment on the side but it was THE dress. The pictures do this dress no justice and when I go to pick the dress up in August, I promise I'll put better pictures up. Just so you guys know, I am very critical so I didn't buy this dress the same day. I actually went back to the first store and tried on my favorite dress from there before making my decision. The dress, along with a veil, came to $1065.06 and was graciously paid for by my bff Ris.

Plus they gave me a cool little "veil" and Bride sash!

2 comments:

April said...

You look absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations.

Rchelle said...

@April Thank you! In august I'll post my first fitting pics