Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bad Dream??

Last night I had a bizarre dream about the wedding.When I woke up, I didn't know what to make of it. Maybe you all can help me out a little.

So in my dream, the wedding was still a good 2 months away and I was still planning. Well, something happened and instantly I was in another venue rushing to get ready for the ceremony. I had my dress but- it was wrong. It had a PINK bottom! On top of that, only 2/8 of my bridesmaids had their dresses and only one of handsome's groomsmen had his suit(and showed up). I ended up asking an old high-school friend to be a groomsmen.

Handsome, his best man, and last minute groomsman did a little dance down the aisle...it was kind of resembled a stroll. When it comes time for me walk the aisle, I'm still distraught about my dress, my father not being there to walk me, the bridesmaids, and the overall lack of organization for the event. Instead of gracefully waltzing across the aisle, I stomp. I marched straight to the microphone and announced that this was not the wedding, it was just a rehearsal. Then I woke up...

I later discussed the dream with on of my ace's. She feels the dream is a product of my stress and I agree. There is so much that needs to be done but dont take my word for it, look at my checklist...

  • cake testing
  • find a caterer
  • buy candy for candy bar
  • Hair and make-up trials
  • type up a detailed wedding time-line
  • rent chair&table covers
  • cupcake trials** 

That list doesn't include everything. Just the things that I want to get done before fall semester begins.

  **We're having cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake and I'm considering making the cupcakes myself. More about that in another post.

0 comments: